This cloud bread recipe is soft, fluffy, and gluten-free suitable for people on a low-carb diet. This bread is made into a loaf and looks so airy and light. It is also made in all sorts of pretty colors! If you want to learn how to make the cloud bread dough, here is our easy recipe.
You can make this fluffy and soft cloud bread using just three simple ingredients. After you make your cloud bread using this recipe, you will not go back to the old,boring slices of bread!
What is Cloud Bread?
Cloud bread, also known as oopsie bread, is a bread substitute. Cloud bread resembles a puffy cloud in both appearance and texture. Its recipe was first made in the 1970s as a part of Atkins diet(low-carb diet). It is light, airy, and carb-free bread. Cloud bread is different from regular bread as it has no flour.It is made with eggs and cream cheese.
What Makes This Recipe Special?
Following 5 things make this cloud bread recipe special:
1. Minimalistic and accessible: Using only three basic ingredients, this recipe offers an easy approach to creating cloud bread.
3. Beginner-friendly: The step-by-step instructions ensure that even novice bakers can create this whimsical treat with ease.
4. Versatile and customizable: You can customize cloud bread using this recipe—add sweeteners or seasonings to suit your taste.
5. Unique texture and appearance: Cloud bread’s fluffy quality sets it apart from traditional bread.
You only need 3 ingredients:
|2||Greek yogurt||3 tablespoon|
|3||Baking powder||¼ teaspoon|
- A bowl
- A hand or an electric Whisker
How to Make Cloud Bread
Here are 8 steps for making the fluffy cloud bread:
1. Preparation: Preheat your oven to 300°F (150°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Separate Eggs: Carefully separate the egg yolks from the egg whites, placing them in separate bowls.
3. Whip Egg Whites: In a clean, dry bowl, whip the egg whites until they form stiff peaks. This might take a few minutes.
4. Combine Yolks and Yogurt: In another bowl, whisk the egg yolks and Greek yogurt until well combined.
5. Incorporate Egg Whites: Gently fold the whipped egg whites into the egg yolk mixture. Do not overmix for the airy texture.
6. Add Baking Powder: Sprinkle the baking powder over the mixture and fold it in gently.
7. Form Cloud Bread Rounds: Spoon the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, forming rounds that resemble fluffy clouds.
8. Bake: Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until the cloud bread is golden brown and set.
Here are few variations you can make:
1. For a touch of sweetness, add a pinch of stevia or your favorite sweetener to the egg yolk mixture.
2. Add different seasonings such as herbs, spices, or grated cheese to customize the flavor.
3. Add food colors to your whisked egg yolk.
Now is the time to serve this soft, warm cloud bread.
1. Enjoy cloud bread as a light and airy side dish alongside your favorite meals.
2.Use it as a base for open-faced sandwiches or toast topped with avocado, tomatoes, or smoked salmon.
3.Serve it with some coffee or tea.
If you want to store the left-over cloud bread, here are the instructions.
1. Store any leftover cloud bread in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days.
2. To maintain its freshness, you can also freeze cloud bread for later use. Wrap individual pieces in plastic wrap and place them in a freezer-safe bag. To thaw, let them sit at room temperature or briefly reheat in a toaster or oven.
1. What is cloud bread made of?
Cloud bread is a high-protein bread alternative. It’s made by whipping egg whites and cream of tartar to get a soft, fluffy texture.
2. Why isn’t my cloud bread getting fluffy?
If cloud bread did not whip up you may not have whipped it long enough. Also, you may have gotten egg yolk or other substances into your egg whites
3. What is keto cloud bread made of?
This popular cloud bread recipe is soft, fluffy, keto, and gluten-free. You need just 3 ingredients: eggs, cream of tartar, and cream cheese.
4. Is cloud bread good for you?
Cloud Bread is high in protein and low in carbs, making it the perfect sandwich bread for those on a low carb diet.
5. What is the best bread for weight loss?
Whole grain bread is very good for weight loss. Eating whole grains have been shown to help eliminate more belly fat when compared to eating refined grains.
6. Why is white bread unhealthy?
The processed flour and additives in white bread can make it unhealthy. Consuming alot of white bread can contribute to obesity, heart disease, and diabetes.
7. Is cloud bread frozen?
8. What ingredient makes bread more fluffy?
Carbon dioxide is responsible for all the bubbles that make holes in bread, making it lighter and fluffier, it is done using yeast.
9. How long does cloud bread last?
If you’re keeping your cloud bread at room temperature, it’ll last about 3 days. If you keep it in the fridge, more like a week.
10. Why is my cloud bread wet?
If your cloud bread is under-baked it will fall apart when you use it and it will have a moist eggy texture. As it sits, the texture will improve so ensure they cool completely.
- Cloud Bread Recipe (allrecipes.com)
- Cloud Bread Recipe | How to Make Cloud Bread | Taste of Home
- Cloud Bread Recipe (Easy, 3 Ingredients!) – Wholesome Yum
This article is written by Ayesha kh who is intern at perspective.pk.